1990's Computer, PDA, and Cell Phones
- In 1990 Microsoft introduced Windows 3.0.
- In 1994 David Filo and Jerry Yang invented and founded the internet resource Yahoo. Yahoo became the largest search
engine in the 1990’s for searching for web content on the World Wide Web.
- In 1995 Amazon.com and ebay.com were invented so people who had a computer and the internet could shop online. Also
in 1995 Toy Story was released becoming the first computer fully animated movie.
- In 1996 The Palm Pilot was went on sell, rewriteable CD’s were introduced (CD-RW), and DVD’s went on
- In 1997 the first MP3 player is invented by Tomislav Uzelac.
- In 1998 Google is invented.
- In 1999 the Millennium Bug scares all of the counties that have industrialized to computers.
There were more television options in the
1990’s. Television expanded by digital satellite signals, WebTV, and new cable networks. In 1994 FX began broadcasting playing many shows and movies that viewers enjoyed. FOX
was also created and had the largest number subscribers in cable history. Satellite TV became very popular and viewers could
watch channels that were devoted to certain topics like cars, golf, comedy, history, and more. Satellite TV was used
around the world for TV watchers.
Wireless Telephones were one of the most
important inventions in the 1990’s. Mobel phones were used more in people’s lives than computers, internet, or e-mail.
They were compact and convenient when it came to calling and talking to people. There were eighty-five million users by the
year 1995 world wide and the number is still growing today.